Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron Sky Qlink

Hit, anyone use this to set up their scope and move around the sky ? I got this item with my scope and have seen that it can be used with an iPhone or iPad and I don’t own a windows computer. I have also downloaded KStars, but looks complicated.

any help would be massively appreciated.

cheers

Neil

Yes , you need to download the celestron app Sky portal on Android or iOS.

It's really simple to use , look on you tube for celestron WiFi adapter videos .

One thing it doesn't tell you is that if you are using your phone , switch off your data otherwise you will have connection problems .

Otherwise its simple just plug in the Qlink  into the mount and connect your phone to its WiFi signal .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, northwalesparry said:

Yes , you need to download the celestron app Sky portal on Android or iOS.

It's really simple to use , look on you tube for celestron WiFi adapter videos .

One thing it doesn't tell you is that if you are using your phone , switch off your data otherwise you will have connection problems .

Otherwise its simple just plug in the Qlink  into the mount and connect your phone to its WiFi signal .

Hiya - how does the sky portal stack up against other software for guiding mounts etc ? How do you find it ? 

Neil

Welcome from Land Down Under

You will probably get a lot of advice on APP called SkySafari, and comes highly recommended 

I have a EQ5pro mount with my ED80, and recently purchased the WiFi adapter for it, and downloaded SynScan APP 

Been told will also work with Celestron Sky Portal APP, and have not tried yet

John

• Like 1

Hi, I use Sky Portal Module with my NexStar 8se, and it works well with SkySafari 6 Plus or the free Sky Portal app on my iPhone or iPad.

The free Sky Portal app is just a lite version of SkySafari for iOS or Android, and is made by the same company.

I don't know if SkySafari 6 pro is worth the price increase over the plus version, others with the pro version will no doubt tell you.

• Like 1

I sometimes use one on my Evolution mount as the original wi fi is not that great in some places, just plug it in to an AUX port and connect to the signal, I use SS6 pro. Ensure you are getting a later v2 module as the v1 were not too clever, still a few of those floating around second hand.

Edited by JG777
  • Like 1