Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First light on my SXV-H9

Mel

This really is my first few shots with my 'new' toy... It was taken through a WO Megrez 90 using 3 minute subs for RGB and Ha as L, about 7-8 of each. Guided by a LX200 and DSI Pro II.

I think I can get some more out of it and there's some obvious artifacting, but that's my first light! I have posted a screenshot of the individual colour channels as well.

10875_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

10881_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Enjoy...

Iain

Thanks mate, looks like you're going to be my only reply :D .

I'm not surprised since it's quite a poor image, but I am hoping that I will be able to improve on it loads now that I have my cooled ccd.

I was wondering about those dark areas though - I am going to post it again in the 'what went wrong' group to see if anyone has any suggestions. My money is on dew on the camera or the inside of the refractor objective. I was out of the house when the subs were taken so I couldn't check it at the time.

Iain, not a poor image at all.

The first image I had with the H9 was a disaster...massivily trailed images and it turned out all yellow!

(I have deleted it!)

Just have a go at using Martin's tutorials on processing...I think you're in for a pleasent surprise!

Barry.

Thanks so much for the kind words and advice. I have cheered up no end.

:D:hello2::)

I am just starting the primer in the tips and tricks forum. Thanks for the pointer Baz. Great advice for me in there since I am aware of the curve I am now on. Will post any updates if I can improve it.

Cheers guys,

Iain

A good start mate... Sorry I didn't get around to this earlier - looking at the screen is not much of an option at the moment....

Theres plenty that can be done to clean that up looking at your subs. One thing though, I am not sure that using Ha as L will help much with Galaxy's - although there are some bright Ha spots in M33, I think you will get a better result with the clear filter for L.

The green combined look to have most of the noise present from your screenie - so probably best to start there in order to adjust the contrast and bring out more of the arms....

Cheers,

Richie

Thanks Richie, hope you're feeling better.

Yes, had a 'ahem', bit of a hiccup with the filters that first night out with the new kit anyway and had them set up wrong in Maxim. I had them as LRGBHa in the wheel and RGBLHa in the software...d'0h. Oh well, no-one ever said LRGB wouldn't be a curve did they?

Speak soon

Iain

Archived