SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Battery for imaging out and about

Craig123

13 minutes ago, Craig123 said:

Hi 

Can anyone recommend a good battery for taking my set up out of the back garden. It needs to power cooled ccd, dew heaters Heq5. 

Thanks 

Any half decent leisure battery would be fine. best to look online. places like halfords charge silly money. 

• Thanks 1

Try looking at golf shops as they sell ideal deep cycle batterys for golf carts and they often come with a charger. Should be some clearance sales going on at this time of year.

If you had to carry the battery a long way would  recommend a Tracer LiFeP04 which are great betteries but are £££££

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Try looking at golf shops as they sell ideal deep cycle batterys for golf carts and they often come with a charger. Should be some clearance sales going on at this time of year.

If you had to carry the battery a long way would  recommend a Tracer LiFeP04 which are great betteries but are £££££

Thanks,  good idea.The tracer battery is a bit pricey , i'm sure its great but i need to upgrade a few other things.

33 minutes ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

Any half decent leisure battery would be fine. best to look online. places like halfords charge silly money. 

yes Halfords are a no no  after trying to charge me 60 for a rubber wiper  on the car

23 minutes ago, Craig123 said:

thanks 

looks interesting..no idea what it is though ??

Armotek 1:6 scale Tiger 1 tank. Long term build project. Insane detail and serious money. Not that much less than a new TEK160.. 🙀🙀

Edited by johninderby
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, johninderby said:

Armotek 1:6 scale Tiger 1 tank. Long term build project. Insane detail and serious money. Nearly as much as a Tek160.

I didn't know Tiger Tanks had stereo sound systems.

Or do you plan to blast out 100watts of "The Ride of the Valkyries" to scare the hell out of the enemy model tanks?  😀