NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What is real in Uranus?

astroavani

spacer.png
Following other posts, I am reprinting the image of Uranus that I made artificially colored, along with another that I tried to make as natural as possible (bottom left).
In this IR 610 nanometer image I just piled on AS! 2 and gave the wavelets a slight tug with a 200% resize.
Of course the original image was red and I converted it to black and white to make it more aesthetically pleasing.
In this less processed image we can actually perceive what Uranus looks like, none of those artificial colors that are impossible to exist and with nuances of things that do not know what is real or artifact.
Most experts agree that nowadays Uranus presents itself with almost no noteworthy activity, and that the only thing right is the lighter polar region relative to the rest of the planet, which can easily be seen in the black and white image. White.
 We then deduced that it would be virtually impossible to take anything large as it appears in the color image and that as such, most of those "nuances" are really just noise caused by over processing.
https://www.astrobin.com/vrop86/

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent images as always Avani, been thinking about your images for the last couple of weeks, since you posted them. 

The Polar region is definitely visible, I have managed to capture that once myself. As for the other "markings" I guess time will tell. Have thought about trying to capture the rings?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2019 at 09:17, Pete Presland said:

Excelentes imagens, como sempre, a Avani, pensando nas suas imagens nas últimas semanas, desde que você as publicou. 

A região polar é definitivamente visível, eu consegui capturar isso uma vez. Quanto às outras "marcações", acho que o tempo dirá. Já pensou em tentar capturar os anéis?

Acho impossível devido a baixa altitude de Urano aqui pra mim, já é dificil em excelentes condições amigo Pete!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 4:14 PM, orion25 said:

Excellent insights, Avani, and great image. Uranus is high for us in the United States. Come on over to the U.S. and bring all your gear, lol! I'll bring the food!

Bravo,

Avani ;) 

A tempting invitation friend Reggie!
Unfortunately I can't do something like that, but I would love to.
Not so long ago a friend came back from the US, passed Lowell Observatory and was eager to tell me that people asked for me there. They already knew my photos!
I was very happy, it was better than winning an APPOD, Lol.

• Like 2