Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGP auto center target after meridian flip

souls33k3r

Hi All, 

For the love of everything that lives under the sun I can't remember how I set it up with my old mount (NEQ6). Back then I was using EQMOD. 

Ive changed to a new mount and am using iOptron commander but I can't remember where I'm SGP (if that) was the setting to center target after meridian flip because I just couldn't find it or remember how it has previously set up. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

Had a look at the thread and there are wordings which have long since changed. 

Any way, my current settings are as follows:

sgp.JPG.e3d3162ab5e5e1fd3528aa5454920ff5.JPG

I did notice 2 nights ago was that on SGP the time to flip was showing 5 minutes but the mount flipped and then yesterday i wasn't really paying attention to this in SGP but during my 5 minutes exposure sequence, the mount flipped but then exposure kept on going. 

My issue is not that the mount is able to do merdian flip but it does not (what it used to do) go through the process of centering the target after it does that. I used to get this screen for SGP to platesolve, resolve and center the target with my old NEQ6 mount but now not any more. (not my image but just pulled something from google search to show what i mean)

570462302_sgp2.JPG.99734fc4795a2d781e68a2db3050883e.JPG

Ahmed, you need to make sure that SGP processes a meridian flip before the commander software wants to, I have SGP to flip at 12 minutes past the Meridian and to auto centre after a flip, I can't check the settings in Commander as it needs to be connected, but as long as you set commander to flip after SGP then all will be fine.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Laurin Dave said:

No expert here but two thoughts.. maybe there’s a setting in the Mount driver that needs changing or maybe it’s a setting on the Platesolve tab..  eg Attempt to Center? 

Dave

I did look everywhere but couldn't find the setting apart from under the "Telescope" tab

7 hours ago, Jkulin said:

Ahmed, you need to make sure that SGP processes a meridian flip before the commander software wants to, I have SGP to flip at 12 minutes past the Meridian and to auto centre after a flip, I can't check the settings in Commander as it needs to be connected, but as long as you set commander to flip after SGP then all will be fine.

Awesome stuff John. I think this is where I might be getting it wrong. As like you said the mount needs to be connected to check and change the commander settings but when I do connect, I will make sure that commander is set to flip after SGP. A gap of 3-5 min should be enough you reckon? 

• Like 1