Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flats with autofocuser and multiple filters

Barns

just read trough this tread, so there's really nothing written in stone i conclude.

For my ASI1600mm -Pro i'm using a led panel and flats aid in APT.

I have tried some different ADU settings, but was suggested by a friend to set it at 12000 and the minimum exposure not lower than 0,2sec.

For Lum that's near impossible as the dimmest setting from the led panel is still to bright, so i've let go of the minimum exposure time and i also raised the ADU to 30000 as suggested by someone else.

As i read this tread i might lower the ADU again maybe to 16000-20000 but that's going to affect the exposure time, especially on the Sii, so i was wondering is there a max exposure time for flats ?

3 hours ago, Miguel1983 said:

just read trough this tread, so there's really nothing written in stone i conclude.

For my ASI1600mm -Pro i'm using a led panel and flats aid in APT.

I have tried some different ADU settings, but was suggested by a friend to set it at 12000 and the minimum exposure not lower than 0,2sec.

For Lum that's near impossible as the dimmest setting from the led panel is still to bright, so i've let go of the minimum exposure time and i also raised the ADU to 30000 as suggested by someone else.

As i read this tread i might lower the ADU again maybe to 16000-20000 but that's going to affect the exposure time, especially on the Sii, so i was wondering is there a max exposure time for flats ?

No max exposure time provided you have matching 'darks for flats' and you don't exceed about 2/3 well depth.

Olly

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd dig this up.

My SXCCD Trius 694 has " full well capacity in excess of 17000 e- (unbinned)", does that mean I should be aiming for around 12000 ADU ? Trying to get the EKOS flat calibration right.

Also would this be a suitable light source 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dorr-LT-2020-Viewing-Slides-Negatives/dp/B01MAVUM4X/ref=sr_1_16?crid=175BYN3AOU462&dchild=1&keywords=small+light+box&qid=1586520675&sprefix=small+light+box%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-16