Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Upgrading my EPs

On 26/09/2019 at 12:57, Dan_wirral said:

Do you think it would work better with smaller refractor?

Hi Dan, yes, the Hyperion will work well in long tube refractors (f8 and slower, or there abouts), but not in the 'shorty' refractors as they are usually fast scopes (around f/5 etc)

44 minutes ago, John said:

Actually I think low light scatter around bright targets at medium to high magnifications is quite an important practical characteristic. Light scatter is one of the issues that can actually make seeing certain target types eg: faint planetary moons and very uneven brightness binary stars, somewhat more difficult or even impossible if it is extensive.

Yes, thats what I meant and corrected my post- thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

I have the Baader Hyperions but upgraded to some Televue eyepieces over a 2-3 year period. There is no comparison. I still use the Hyperions on my SCTs, they work well and they are great for public observing but on my F5 12" dob and F7 refractor its Televue all the way. I picked up some of them used. The ES eyepieces are supposed to be almost as good. I would get one good eyepiece rather than buy say three average ones and add to your collection over time when you can afford or when one comes up for sale at a good price. You will then have a collection for  a lifetime. You only need about three good eyepieces. and maybe a quality barlow or Powermate.

Edited by Limerick John