Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

a liitle experiment on NGC 7000 ( no longer using the dark magic! )

simmo39

Hi all, this is my attempt at NGC 7000 and some of it taken using  guide camera and PHD2. I can hear you sayying so what! well Im or was one of those SW synguider users ( The dark side! ) but after attempts to make things a little easier for my poor back and eye ( only got one goodish eye ) I bite the bullit and using my colour planet camera had ago with PHD. A bit of a faf at first and have no idea what the graph is telling me but was happy to see 240s subs coming out ok. Think I will have to invest in a mono guide camera and get rid of my trusty Synguider. 

Any way here is my go at NGC7000 with my SW 72 ED and zwo 1600. Ha is 35 subs Oiii 25 and Sii 25 all at 240sec and unity gain.

Framing is a little off again ( struggling with gettig each set of subs on to the same part of the sensor ) but overall Im fairly happy with the result.

48768928738_257472bbcb_b.jpg

Thanks for looking and hints and tips welcome.

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

Nice image.

I think the framing for that fov is fine. Very similar to my first NB image taken a few weeks ago and I had almost the exact same framing, 

What did you use to process it?

Steve

Hi Steve, thanks. I think it was your pic that set me off onto doing this one. Im using PI as my one stop for all things, never got on with PS and not willing to pay there price for something i dont own. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, simmo39 said:

Hi Steve, thanks. I think it was your pic that set me off onto doing this one. Im using PI as my one stop for all things, never got on with PS and not willing to pay there price for something i dont own. 

I love PI. Still don't know how to use 90% of it mind and have to follow some instructions everytime to ensure I don't miss a step but I like the layout and what it can achieve even with  less than perfect data. It takes some learning but the results are worth the effort. I have used Nebulosity for a while and actually really like that and find it easy to use but it is a bit limited. However I do like it's alignment  and preprocessing and still often use it then use PI to stretch and get the detail out. That's probably because I can use it quickly and will probably move to PI only as I learn it.

I was a bit wary about the cost of PI originally but then thought that we often don't bat an eyelid at paying £1000+ for a scope or camera but without the processing software these are useless so took the plunge and have never regretted it. 🙂  

Steve 

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, teoria_del_big_bang said:

I love PI. Still don't know how to use 90% of it mind and have to follow some instructions everytime to ensure I don't miss a step but I like the layout and what it can achieve even with  less than perfect data. It takes some learning but the results are worth the effort. I have used Nebulosity for a while and actually really like that and find it easy to use but it is a bit limited. However I do like it's alignment  and preprocessing and still often use it then use PI to stretch and get the detail out. That's probably because I can use it quickly and will probably move to PI only as I learn it.

I was a bit wary about the cost of PI originally but then thought that we often don't bat an eyelid at paying £1000+ for a scope or camera but without the processing software these are useless so took the plunge and have never regretted it. 🙂  

Steve 

Had PI for a few years but still find new things about it. Dont think i will ever be able to say I know how to use it properly but i do like it a lot.

• Haha 1