Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cartes du Ciel and APT not working together

Starwiz

My setup has been working fine for the last couple of months, but now the mount won't connect to both at the same time.   If I connect to APT to the mount first, then CdC won't connect and vice versa.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks

John

Doesn't CdC connect to the mount for positioning and APT to the camera for imaging, with (for example) an APT connection to a PHD2 guiding program server for dithering? Perhaps your setup works in a different way?

15 hours ago, bobro said:

Doesn't CdC connect to the mount for positioning and APT to the camera for imaging, with (for example) an APT connection to a PHD2 guiding program server for dithering? Perhaps your setup works in a different way?

It's under the GEAR tab - CONNECT SCOPE.  It needs to be connected to the mount for Plate Solving as well as dithering.  It can also slew to an object using APT.  This all happens via the EQMOD software.  APT also connects to the PHD2 guiding, but all the mount control goes via EQMOD.  (That's the way I think it works 😀)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dinglem said:

Are you using Ascom/EQMod to connect to your mount, if so have you tried POTH Hub as that works fine for me with APT and CDC.

Yes.  I've tried POTH Hub for APT but it won't connect at all with that for me.  I have to use the EQMOD ASCOM HEQ5/6 option.

15 hours ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

Try running APT as administrator. It has a habit of not playing ball sometimes and running as administrator sometimes sorts it. Also try connection cdc and apt to the eqmod simulator and then back onto the ASCOM HEQ5/6 option. 

Thanks, that could be a good shout.  I thought I was running it as Administrator, but have just checked the shortcut and the 'Run as Administrator' tick box has become unchecked.  I'll give it a try.

Thanks

John

2 hours ago, Starwiz said:

Thanks, that could be a good shout.  I thought I was running it as Administrator, but have just checked the shortcut and the 'Run as Administrator' tick box has become unchecked.  I'll give it a try.

Thanks

John

Confirmed, it was the APT 'Run as Administrator' box not ticked.  😀

I can only think it's been reset somehow, perhaps due to one of the updates that's come through in the last couple of weeks.

Thanks again.

John