Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Near Sadr, for sure this time.

alan potts

After sitting feeling rather pleased with myself, lord knows what for it was a site member that solved the problem with my poor pointing. So I am sitting there feeling happy for the first time in a week and the Canon clicking away banging out 5 minute subs at 800iso, could go longer but may nod off.

Started with one check of focus and thought no more, anyway lost about one hour through being careless, must have knocked something as it was just out of focus and just not nice.

However I am surprised what 45 minutes can give which is nowhere near enough, hopefully I will add to this tonight.

Sadr.thumb.jpg.16a7b257251fac4e692c9e3e0b5d6a33.jpg

Just a quick question to you more experienced imagers, how many frames do I need to get rid of the over laps you can see at the bottom of this image, if I wanted to add to it in a sort of mosaic picture?

Alan

• Like 6

Very nice Alan for 45 minutes, its those dark skies...  glad you've got it all working again.  As Neil says easier just to crop them out.. did you move the scope or are they from dithering.. if you are dithering you'll always get a border (well I do) 

Dave

1 hour ago, Laurin Dave said:

Very nice Alan for 45 minutes, its those dark skies...  glad you've got it all working again.  As Neil says easier just to crop them out.. did you move the scope or are they from dithering.. if you are dithering you'll always get a border (well I do) 

Dave

I was dithering but I moved the scope a couple of time as I was getting confident of is get back to where it started. I wanted to get Sadr out of the picture but leave it like it is now just to give the a bit of atmosphere to the shot On the mosaic idea I sort of thought if you did enough random over laps you would sort of loose the area where there's not enough info, this must happen at the top of an image when dithering, I only ever see any thing like an artifact at the bottom and R/h side.

Alan

18 minutes ago, Laurin Dave said:

Hi Alan.. Not really sure about that...  I've Only done one mosaic so far (with another I got at Olly's yet to do) and that was in Pixinsight where it said to make sure the edges were artefact free ie cropped to remove.   

Dave

There is a Mosaic program in EQmod, I think it is aimed mainly at the Moon but dare I try it, now what disaster can I cause by that I wonder.

Alan