NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sadr Region 26th August 2019 - Samyang 135mm CCD

Samyang 135mm.  All exposures 2 minutes on CCD Moravian G2-8300 with Astrodon filters.

HA (3nm) x16; Lx12, RGB x 10

Find it hard to process these huge nebulas since there's so much red HII in these areas so it's quite subjective how red the red should be!  I will have another play with this.  My flats were not quite right and it shows.  I will fire off another set.

2055158385_SadrRegion26August2019.thumb.jpg.7b6fc98c0d7eb71ecf5fa4d5bb0fa610.jpg

Edited by kirkster501
  • Like 12

Just now, kirkster501 said:

That NEQ6 is working great Geof ;)  

That’s good to know. As we discussed I hadn’t used it in a couple of years since I installed the Obs, but every so often I think I should have kept it 🤔.... I’m now realising that I’m not going to get all the low southern Messiers from my Obs due to the wall height, so a good portable rig might be needed sometime in the future.... oh well....

Cheers, Geof

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Daniel-K said:

loving how NGC 6888 is just sitting there amongst the HA. i have thought about the 135mm . would love a filter wheel for my lens'es some how 

Get one then mate and work out how to do it. I myself am new to widefield and I am enjoying it.

16 hours ago, geoflewis said:

That’s good to know. As we discussed I hadn’t used it in a couple of years since I installed the Obs, but every so often I think I should have kept it 🤔.... I’m now realising that I’m not going to get all the low southern Messiers from my Obs due to the wall height, so a good portable rig might be needed sometime in the future.... oh well....

Cheers, Geof

Selling stuff is deadly Geof......  You always wish you hadn't when you suddenly find a great use for it four months later...... ! Why, why, why did I sell my Lodestar X2?..... 😢I have the perfect use for it now! Oh well..

4 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

Selling stuff is deadly Geof......  You always wish you hadn't when you suddenly find a great use for it four months later...... ! Why, why, why did I sell my Lodestar X2?..... 😢I have the perfect use for it now! Oh well..

Yep, hindsight is 20:20...!!! I sold my modified Canon 600D a couple of years ago, then bought it back last year, since when it's continued to sit in a box unused....!! Really the NEQ6 would have just continued to collect dust, so I'm glad to have moved it on to someone that's getting good use out of it. I've been thinking about one of those really portable star adventurer mounts for some widefield imaging with my 600D, though that isn't going to solve my missing low southerly Messier targets. Maybe I'll buy a 2nd hand mount for that one year then move it on again right after I'm done with it.....

1 hour ago, geoflewis said:

Yep, hindsight is 20:20...!!! I sold my modified Canon 600D a couple of years ago, then bought it back last year, since when it's continued to sit in a box unused....!! Really the NEQ6 would have just continued to collect dust, so I'm glad to have moved it on to someone that's getting good use out of it. I've been thinking about one of those really portable star adventurer mounts for some widefield imaging with my 600D, though that isn't going to solve my missing low southerly Messier targets. Maybe I'll buy a 2nd hand mount for that one year then move it on again right after I'm done with it.....

I suggest a SW Star Adventurer, a light weight tripod and some flights to Tenerife....😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kirkster501 said:

This is very true. 

Wish I never sold my Samyang 135mm 

12 hours ago, geordie85 said:

True, but needs must

You regretted selling it whilst walking out of the post office mate .......  😰 .  Happily for me it has found a great home and I use it for both astro and terrestrial.  It is a superb lens.  The Bokeh is brilliant with it on my Fuji XT2

I find that this example does not work on astro too well if wide open and I have to drop to F2.8 or F4.0.  The above was as F4.0.  The NA nebula I posted the other day was at F2.8.