NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Back to the Praying Ghost.

ollypenrice

Laurin Dave was keen to visit this with the Gnomus-O'Donoghue-Penrice dual TEC setup last month so I returned for more data with the moon gone. After some faffing to calibrate the new luminance (48x15 minutes) it came good in the end. I didn't use the new colour for this but just used my old LRGB as the RGB layer and blended a synthetic lum from the old image with the new lum. That made for a respectable 22 hours of luminance and 9 hours of colour. The new data proved to be very nice and blended well with the original.

Contributing cameras are Atik 4000, Atik 460 and Moravian 8300. Click on it for a closer view.

1123016145_GHOSTVDB14131HRSWEB.thumb.jpg.4265aec8fbe6b2d7c49935e748b4d295.jpg

This strange dusty feature lies close to the Iris, seen here in widefield done at multi focal length with Mr and Mrs Gnomus and Paul Kummer on previous visits.

spacer.png

Olly

Edited by ollypenrice
  • Like 23

2 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Very nice Olly. Nice and smooth and without the waxy look of noise reduction. 22 hrs of lum must be a joy to process.

Quite so! The original was a bit over-processed so I slightly under-processed the new data and blended like that. The original individual subs date from 2011 and there is only so much stuff you can keep...

Olly

45 minutes ago, swag72 said:

Superb Olly - I am always surprised by how brown this area looks. Very nice and dusty :) It's got a fantastic 3D feel as well.

Yes, Cepheus is no great shakes for the visual observer but for the imager it goes on and on thanks to all that dust.

Olly

• Like 1