SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Gorgeous Midday Sun

Rob Sellent

The Sun today is making everything in its vicinty freshen into smiles. Andi if that weren't enough the Sun today is also putting on a pleasing display of proms. In the 60mm Lunt at 12 o'clock, a huge fountain of flame loops and cascades over the disc. There are also smaller but no less alluring prominences at 3 o'clock and then again at  6 o'clock. There is also a smallish filament running the disc at about 2 o'clock.  Well worth a look if the opportunity arises.

• Like 2

Encouraged by prom reports I set up the LS60 only to find the pressure tuner had stopped tuning, it was ok a couple of days ago, thought it was a bit iffy yesterday and today it's having no effect at all, view is the same with it removed all together so just stripping it down to regrease and will order some new O rings.

Typical when there's something to see for a change :hmh:

Dave

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That's just typical. I'd have no idea what to do with my ha scope if something went wrong - it's your standard B1200 tune adjustment and getting on a bit now. I hope you can mend the scope without too much trouble. Shame there's no white light activity but I figure we'll have to wait a while before the Sun wakes from its slumber.

Fingers crossed and let us know how you get along, Dave :thumbright:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Encouraged by prom reports I set up the LS60 only to find the pressure tuner had stopped tuning, it was ok a couple of days ago, thought it was a bit iffy yesterday and today it's having no effect at all, view is the same with it removed all together so just stripping it down to regrease and will order some new O rings.

Typical when there's something to see for a change :hmh:

Dave

I assume you have unscrewed the PT and tried to spread a bit of grease from the chamber on to the rubber seal.

A new seal might be needed from Flo or Lunt.

34 minutes ago, Ibbo! said:

I assume you have unscrewed the PT and tried to spread a bit of grease from the chamber on to the rubber seal.

A new seal might be needed from Flo or Lunt.

Yes tried that just stopped for lunch then will regrease it and have another go, new seals can be had from Bresser.

Dave