Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SkyWatcher HEQ5 Pro SynScan

AstroPaul

I have a new SW HEQ5 Pro and learning how to use it. It sounds impressive after using a simple EQ5 for a year. Despite all the hi tec I still would like to use simple control knobs for manual tracking, when perhaps there is no electrical power available. I see there are short shaft stubs under 2 small rubber covers on the mount that imply that control knob could be attached to them. The handbook says nothing about them so does anyone if they can be used for manual control, like the EQ5? The shafts are larger than those on the EQ5 so normal control knobs will not fit.

Never heard of any-one doing manual tracking on such a mount.  You have a very good mount there, why not just buy a Leisure battery if you think you may not have power, but what occasions do you have in mind for wanting to use it without power?

Carole