Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stacking tiff files, layers?

I know I'm dumb, I've managed to get 16 tiff files of the ISS solar transit today. I've spent four hours trying to get layers in both photoshop and gimp, but it's eluding me, I did manage to blend two images but didn't really know how I did that and couldn't seem to add any more in gimp. Help would be appreciated.  I really struggling with adding images together. 

Thanks for reading. 

On 13/08/2019 at 22:02, Nigella Bryant said:

I know I'm dumb, I've managed to get 16 tiff files of the ISS solar transit today. I've spent four hours trying to get layers in both photoshop and gimp, but it's eluding me, I did manage to blend two images but didn't really know how I did that and couldn't seem to add any more in gimp. Help would be appreciated.  I really struggling with adding images together. 

Thanks for reading. 

This type of problem has come up on another forum recently.  

Your challenge I am guessing is you are trying to merge a sequence of images each of which shows the ISS in different position moving across the Sun, and you want to show it as a trail with multiple copies of the ISS ?

Something like this

ISS-sun-transit-Szabolcs-Nagy-UT-1024x768.jpg.25bed2930dc2e1834d5afeb4fb2a4ea6.jpg

If that's correct read on if not ignore what follows😀

Here is a tutorial that explains what you need to do.  Its not high quality but it does explain what the steps are.

Hope it helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCDuygVrU4g

Edited by wornish