NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ngc 6992

alacant

Hi everyone

The EKOS scheduler did everything from starting by plate solving a reference frame and slewing to its centre 90 minutes before the meridian, guiding, the flip, re-centre and another 90 minutes after. Monitored via TeamViewer, we returned to find a neatly parked telescope with the job done. Recommended:)

Had a quick google image search for the colours but couldn't find consensus; it seems anything goes. Maybe it could stand sharpening...

Thanks for looking and any comments as always most welcome.

700d on 200-f4: 3 hours @ ISO800 ambient:26º sensor 33º

1317682742_1-6992(copy).thumb.jpg.7e9a4e323dfa719b494e41d20305c869.jpg

• Like 7

Very clean, crisp image. Star colour looks credible, too. The nebulosity showing as green in this image comes from OIII which lies on the blue-green border (sometimes referred to as Teal blue) so you're probably on the green side if anything. 

Olly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, alan potts said:

I enjoy being outside

Hi

You still have the choice of being outside, just not necessarily next to the telescope;)

5 hours ago, alan potts said:

[...] I can't hear my wife shouting at my son

LOL... Exactly!

Edited by alacant
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, alacant said:

Have never had chance to look through a telescope of that size. Can you see colour?

Well you can by virtue of the Olll filter, about the only thing you can see real colour in is M42, I have never actually seen the Vail without a filter but understand it can be done.

Alan

1 hour ago, alan potts said:

Well you can by virtue of the Olll filter, about the only thing you can see real colour in is M42, I have never actually seen the Vail without a filter but understand it can be done.

Alan

Agreed. The OIII filter made it very clear and very green in our 20 inch but it was also visible without. No natural colour for me though, not even in M42.

Olly

2 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

Agreed. The OIII filter made it very clear and very green in our 20 inch but it was also visible without. No natural colour for me though, not even in M42.

Olly

Always feel I see a bit of bluey green in M42 Olly, which must be wrong judging by photo's even I have taken. Can't say I ever pick up the veil without filter, must try again with a lower magnification though on 1980mm X48 is about my lowest.

Alan

• Like 1

Hi everyone

We removed the fat star frames and in an effort to get more green blue, stacked what was left with 6 more 8 minute frames with a UHC filter. It's done little for the green-blue, but intensified the red quite a bit...

uhc.gif.ecc65d468f5ee3d86556c1ffe56b5b88.gif

2104839050_1-Ha-6990(copy).thumb.jpg.6655c1ab0502d754fed4c11e6700d056.jpg