Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Evolving Cocoon

ollypenrice

Our guest Dave was interested in the Cocoon so we ran the dual TEC on it for a couple of nights, though a computer died and left one half of the rig hors de combat. By night two it was running again under a spare PC and captured some luminance. Anyway I took the 11 hours of HaLRGB we captured and added it to the twenty or so hours I already had from two previous runs, one in Yves' 14 inch ODK, hence the diff spikes. This hybrid image is the result. Ha was added to red in blend mode lighten and most processing was done in Ps CS3, though we also used PI for photometric colour calibration and DBE.

Once again we find that nobody ever had too much data! :D

285429498_COCOONMULTISCOPEV2web.thumb.jpg.29c16f18138becba039070a3664b3928.jpg

• Like 21

Looks good.  If it were me, I would notch down the brightness of the nebula (background black point is ok)--but on my screen the nebula looks a bit glaring.  I find brightness steals color and detail.  Very nice though

Rodd

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rodd said:

Looks good.  If it were me, I would notch down the brightness of the nebula (background black point is ok)--but on my screen the nebula looks a bit glaring.  I find brightness steals color and detail.  Very nice though

Rodd

Valid point. I'd had the same thoughts but left it as is. I'll think again about that. Cheers, Rodd.

Olly