NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Want to remote view from bedroom

Inexpensive tip if mounting pc and battery to scope. Might not be pretty looking but easily adjusted to balance scope in dec. I just use 2 micro fiber car wash sponges and 2 bungees. No slippage, compressed sponges grip nicely. Have a strip of heat tape (motorcycle exhaust tape) on sponge under pc. Doesn't have a fan, gets hot doing high speed captures or sun/moon/planets. Viewing or capturing at say 1 sec exp or slower speeds is not an issue, stays warm but not hot.

Was having fun remote viewing in AC last night due to heat & mosquitos.  Where I am even with bug spray just sitting next to mount causes hundreds of mosquitos to land on scope trying to get at me.

IMG_6792 - Copy.jpg

Edited by MilwaukeeLion

• 4 weeks later...

Turn off wifi on smart phone if its near you or pc's while doing remote wifi connect.  Couldn't figure out why some nights connection between pc's was so poor.  Dawned on me other night, phone was actually sitting on laptop.  Turned off phone wifi and remote connect vastly improved.