Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

m57 using Astrotoaster 20 x 30secs live stack

stash_old

The humble DSLR kicking out a great image,, so overlooked these days,,, zwo is the be all to end all most people believe,, but if you have a DSLR sitting around then we'll worth a bash with free software,,

• Like 2

Nice result, I'm still using eye pieces mostly for planets and moon...too much processing with cameras for planets and my 8" dob visually has trumped any short exposure single frames I have taken with the zwo's by a large margin...

• Like 1

On 04/07/2019 at 03:21, SIDO said:

Nice result, I'm still using eye pieces mostly for planets and moon...too much processing with cameras for planets and my 8" dob visually has trumped any short exposure single frames I have taken with the zwo's by a large margin...

Quite True - Except I am in a nice warm office ,being provided with cups of tea and cake and able to see more objects ,in near real time ,than thru visual alone.  But in the end people do whatever they love - it doesn't matter. Clear skies

1 hour ago, stash_old said:

Quite True - Except I am in a nice warm office ,being provided with cups of tea and cake and able to see more objects ,in near real time ,than thru visual alone.  But in the end people do whatever they love - it doesn't matter. Clear skies

Or whatever works best for them their particular equipment physical limitations and so on, enjoy the tea and eeva of course...