Sun in Ha ... 29th June 2019

SlimPaling

Managed to find time to take some AVI runs yesterday for first time in weeks there seemed to be a fair amount of high haze .... but I am happy with my final result.

My image is a 4 pane mosaic in Ha .. managed to get some proms to add to the final disc.

I used FireCapture for the AVI's. Each pane of the disc was stacked in Autostakkert, wavelets done in Registax6 and final mosaic assembled and final processing done in Photoshop.

I found that Autostakkert did not "like" the video frames of the proms for some reason and would not stack them 😞 .... but I managed in using Registax 6 🙂

Mike

Sun in Ha 29th June 2019.jpg

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 14:29, Nigella Bryant said:

Great image, particularly as it's a mosaic. I've only captured with full disk, wouldn't have a scubbie doing a mosaic. 

Hi Nigella ...

I have to admit it is NOT that easy to make a full disc of the Sun by combining separate panes. I managed to find a couple of videos on the 'net ( YouTube I think ) which showed some of the techniques involved and they proved to be VERY useful. It is worth doing a search for them if you feel the urge to try out making a mosaic !

Cheers Mike

Archived