Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sky-Watcher Camera Rotator for 72ED now Available

1 minute ago, StarlightHunter said:

If you have the 2" one you can fit in directly in the rotator. It you have a 1.25" filter the best option is to use the adapter that came with the camera to put it inside the 11mm ring.

ZWO M42 to 1.25-inch Filter Adapter

Thank you, I've read about vignetting on the 294 mc pro with a 1.25inch filter, when it's mounted with the adapter close to the camera sensor is there vignetting? 

25 minutes ago, StarlightHunter said:

The filter is so near the camera if you thread the adapter in the 11mm ring (the one closest to the camera) that I think it should not be vignetting, or at least it should be something very light.

Thank you that's great to hear, I'll purchase a 1.25inch one. Thank you for your help again 👍

• 1 month later...
On 15/01/2022 at 19:07, StarlightHunter said:

I'm sure it will workI was usin the same rotator/lattener/spacers/camera and you will achieve focus.

Just a suggestion: use an IR/UV cut filter. you can thread it inside the rotator. That way you will not get very bloated stars.

Hi

Rectifying this thread as I've an issue with eggy stars in my images and I'm using 55mm of back focus. Been struggling with this since I got my 294MC pro, am I correct in saying I need 60mm of back focus. 

Also I purchased a 2 inch zwo ir uv cut filter and screwed directly onto the inside of the rotator. 

Cheers 

Lee 

Edited by AstroNebulee

23 minutes ago, FLO said:

I see you have another conversation here at SGL about eggy stars. 

I might be mistaken but I don't think your telescope, reducer or camera were purchased from FLO so I recommend you contact your supplier. I think it important they are aware. 

Steve 

Hi Steve. 

Thank you. I'm in contact with Alex at flo and he's helping me out. I bought the scope and reducer in the classifieds here last year, so no joy there. And camera from RVO, I'll be sure to let them know too. 

Cheers 

Lee