NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

NGC1977 & M42 Orion nebula

George

This is the 2nd of 3 targets I imaged on Monday evening. I especially wanted a group shot of M42 with the running man as I have never imaged the running man before. It was a bit of a cram getting them together in the ED80's FOV without rotating the camera and having to take flats etc with a different camera orientation (I'm a lazy git). Ive also done a minimalist amount of processing on this image as I have a tendency to make a complete hash of M42. Core is burned out but I was more interested in the groups shot and capturing maximum HA.

I rather like the bright core as it depicts a bubbling cauldron of hot star formation with brimstone & steam overflowing....which it is (well that's my excuse :D ) no doubt as the season progresses I'll be imaging this further and hopefully improving the imaging & processing :)

Technical bits are:

10 x 300 sec light frames

21 x 300 sec dark frames

21 x flats frames

21 x bias frames

Guided as always with PHD

m42-v1.jpg

Thats another cracker Geroge - Really smooth again :)

Couple of top draw images that you have posted in the last few days...

Any shorter subs to layer in for the trap region? thinking about it though , I agree that the brighter core is probably more "natural"

Billy...

Not had an opportunity yet to get some short subs :D

Archived