Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Last time this question was asked, it turned out that there were few, if any, astro equipment retailers in Portugal.

The advice given then was to contact the COAA which is an Algarve based astronomy centre and see what local advice they can offer. Here is their website:

http://www.coaa.co.uk/

7 minutes ago, Alistairscriven said:

Just to confirm... will any 1.25 ‘’ eye piece fit my telescope? 

I don't know, but if the diagonal in the picture has 1.25" (31.7mm) internal diameter the answer is 'yes'.

700x70 is a popular size, so just look up what eyepieces come with other kits and get similar ones (Plossl) by mail order.  Somebody here may make a more detailed recommendation.

I used to have a 700x70 refractor and used 25mm and 12mm eyepieces with it mostly, IIRC. 

12 minutes ago, Alistairscriven said:

Yes, any brand of 1.25" eyepiece should fit. In terms of eyepiece focal length you could think about a 25mm for low power views, a 12mm for medium power and maybe a 6mm for higher powers. The plossl design should work fine with that scope.

6 hours ago, Alistairscriven said:

Hello and welcome to astronomy... this scope reminds me of my first scope, a Tasco 49TE 60mm refractor... make sure that the diagonal can take 1,25"/31mm eyepieces since this looks remarkably similar to my Tasco which had 0.975" eyepieces.... 

Hi Alistair, just an observation looking at the focus wheels in your photo, they should be in a horizontal position so the it makes focusing easier and more intuitive, you should be able to just twist it round and then readjust the diagonal to the vertical position.  John's recommendations for eyepieces are spot on.

Archived