NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

eq5 problem

hello guys 

last week when i want to adjust the mount into the tripod then to thread the accessory tray 

but when i started to begin the polar alignment 

the azmuth knobs wont move so

i was trying to unscrew the adjustment screw but it didnt  work 

so any ideas ? 

Screenshot_20190531-222259_Gallery.jpg

2 minutes ago, newbie alert said:

You need to loosen one side to screw in the other..they both work off the same peg to move

u did not understand me i meant the azmuth knobs is moving but the mount wont slide 

2 hours ago, hmoody2015a said:

u did not understand me i meant the azmuth knobs is moving but the mount wont slide 

Is it getting to a point on the azimuth where they won't turn ? As they should lock up as one pushes against the other..

With my cgem the weight of the mount stops the azimuth turning smoothly,  so I put a Teflon sheet in between.. if you slacken off the bolt on the image earlier it should all move, but don't forget to snug it down

16 hours ago, newbie alert said:

Is it getting to a point on the azimuth where they won't turn ? As they should lock up as one pushes against the other..

With my cgem the weight of the mount stops the azimuth turning smoothly,  so I put a Teflon sheet in between.. if you slacken off the bolt on the image earlier it should all move, but don't forget to snug it down

NO above the accessory tray there is a adjustment screw when i want to unscrew the adjustment screw its stuck on the mount 

4 minutes ago, Tomatobro said:

if you could post a picture showing the knob in question that would help identify where you see the problem

look at the picture u will see an arrow to the adjustment screw  

and when i turn the azimuth knobs the mount wont slide to the position that i want 

29 minutes ago, hmoody2015a said:

NO above the accessory tray there is a adjustment screw when i want to unscrew the adjustment screw its stuck on the mount 

The vertical bolt between the accessory tray and the mount is not designed to be removed and does not adjust the azimuth attitude of the mount.  The two horizontal azimuth bolts at the front of the mount should be either side of a locating peg on the tripod.  By unscrewing one and tightening the other the mount can be adjusted. Under normal circumstances the azimuth bolts should be unscrewed by an equal amount. Post a picture of the mount from the front showing the azimuth bolts. The accessory tray bolt only needs unscrewing slightly to allow for adjustment. In the picture it looks like you have unscrewed it fully and the tray is not properly located against the tripod legs.

2 hours ago, hmoody2015a said:

The big bolt that goes through the accessory tray holds the mount on.. the azimuth are on both sides, and altitude is front and back

Where your arrow is on your picture is just the bolt to hold the mount onto the tripod 

1 hour ago, newbie alert said:

The big bolt that goes through the accessory tray holds the mount on.. the azimuth are on both sides, and altitude is front and back

Where your arrow is on your picture is just the bolt to hold the mount onto the tripod 

but the bolt is stuck and i cant do the polar alignment cuz the azimuth knobs couldnt slide the mount that.s whhy 

2 hours ago, Cornelius Varley said:

The vertical bolt between the accessory tray and the mount is not designed to be removed and does not adjust the azimuth attitude of the mount.  The two horizontal azimuth bolts at the front of the mount should be either side of a locating peg on the tripod.  By unscrewing one and tightening the other the mount can be adjusted. Under normal circumstances the azimuth bolts should be unscrewed by an equal amount. Post a picture of the mount from the front showing the azimuth bolts. The accessory tray bolt only needs unscrewing slightly to allow for adjustment. In the picture it looks like you have unscrewed it fully and the tray is not properly located against the tripod legs.

doesnt work with me 

2 minutes ago, hmoody2015a said:

but the bolt is stuck and i cant do the polar alignment cuz the azimuth knobs couldnt slide the mount that.s whhy 

plus i want to extraction the mount from the tripod  but i cant cuz the bolt is stuck 

4 hours ago, hmoody2015a said:

It can lock up if the screw below the accessory tray is tight. Loosen the bottom knob below the tray and the upper one should be easier to slack off a bit.

I've been caught by this and that extra bit of tension can make it impossible to move.

Archived