NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Atik/ Ascom /Astroart

Hi.

I want to use Astroart as my imaging software with my Atik ccd camera.

I have loaded the EQMOD platforms,and the core software in the Atik web page,that is supposed to contain all the drivers needed including AA to operate this program.

However when I open up AA and load setup,all I see is the AA simulator and no Ascom.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Any ideas.

Cheers.

Mick.

Any particular reason why you want to use Astroart for Your capture programme.  Artemis software that comes with the cameras is very good, though if you have a new camera perhaps it comes with Dusk which is their new software.

Carole 

Mick

When you run the installation of the Atik software, make sure you tick the ASCOM drivers box - it should be ticked by default but worth checking. 

When you say EQMOD platform, do you mean the ASCOM platform?

1 hour ago, carastro said:

Any particular reason why you want to use Astroart for Your capture programme.  Artemis software that comes with the cameras is very good, though if you have a new camera perhaps it comes with Dusk which is their new software.

Carole 

Hi Carole.

I have nearly always used AA to image,and found it to very good.

I have,nt tried Dusk,but will look at that.

Thanks.

Mick.

1 hour ago, daz said:

Mick

When you run the installation of the Atik software, make sure you tick the ASCOM drivers box - it should be ticked by default but worth checking. 

When you say EQMOD platform, do you mean the ASCOM platform?

Hi Daz.

The atik software no longer contains the Astroart drivers.Instead it wants you to use Ascom.These drivers should be contained in their core software download on their web page.

Just a loose term,not very well phrased.Ascom is just a basic interface that allows you to connect to various bits of equipment, includuing AA.

mICK.

I’ve been very happy using AstroArt for the past ten years.

It works very well with my ATiK cameras as well as the others - DSLR, Lodestar etc.

Just use the latest ASCOM drivers. No issue, no drama.

7 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

I’ve been very happy using AstroArt for the past ten years.

It works very well with my ATiK cameras as well as the others - DSLR, Lodestar etc.

Just use the latest ASCOM drivers. No issue, no drama.

I was,nt aware that I was causing an issue or a drama!!!

This is a forum for questions,and I was asking one.Thats all.

But thankyou for your help.

Archived