Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrotortilla help

astro mick

Hi.

I have been using this plate solving software for a while,wirh no probs.However on having a rehash of my scopes and set up I have now encounted a probem.

I run two computers and installed Astrotortilla on both,as a back up.

I also use an Atik ccd camera.

When connecting the camera and activating EQMOD, the mount connects,and I can slew to a target.I them open Astotortilla plate solve,and and use ascom to connect for Plate Solving.

THE CAMERA WONT CONNECT.

I can see the camera in the Ascom camera Chooser window so click on that.

Nothing.

When I close down it gives me a message saying:   (The log file C:\programme Files(x86)Astrotortilla .exe.log)could not be opened.

PERMISSION DENIED.

Has AT downloaded to the wrong place.

I tried it on my second computer,can slew to target,but their is no camera visible  in the Plate Solve camera chooser, just a simulator.

Am struggling with this.

Any pointers please.

Mick.

20 hours ago, alan potts said:

Could this also be something to do with that hub issue you were having earlier, I'm sorry I don't have any answer for you.

Alan

Hi Alan.

No after ages trying to figure what was wrong,i stumbled upon the fix.In Astrotortilla plate solve,i had forgotten to open the properties box and click on the camera that plate solve was using.

Simples really.

However on the second computer after downloading the drivers from the Atik site,still no camera is shown in plate solve,all I get is a simulator.Why this is, is anybodys guess.One just seems to stumble from one problem to another.

Anyway thanks for your help. 

I,m surprised more people had,nt come acoss this.

Mick.

I am poor at all things IT and I am so pleased some people on here have the patients to help me out, though the more I see IT in its forms I do feel it stands for infuriating technology. I hope you soon find what ever it was that caused the problem, without my friend here who is an IT expert, I would never have got my EQdir cable to work.

Alan 

Hi.

I,m using Atiks Artemis.

I used to use Astroart,but even though Atiks software supports Astroart,it is not recognised in Astroart or Astrotortilla.It  works on one PC but not the other.Thats whats got me confused.

Mick.