NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Monday's daub: Sunflowers?

Rusted

33 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Nowt wrong with that!  Better than my attempt (I didnt get my scope out 😂)

Isn't that what they call: Damned by faint praise? :tongue2:

36 minutes ago, Pete Presland said:

Very nice set of images.

Really? Should have gone to Specsavers! ;)

I ought add that I think my images are awful compared with all the others who post here.

I see them as so far beyond my present level of skill that I only post mine to amuse the regulars.

Some nice detail in the penumbra  on the first image and light bridge showing very well. 

The wider view looks good as well, with what looks like a couple of  filaments visible,  as well as some decent "surface" detail.

And  a nice prom, you should see some of my early images 😉

1 hour ago, Pete Presland said:

Some nice detail in the penumbra  on the first image and light bridge showing very well. 

The wider view looks good as well, with what looks like a couple of  filaments visible,  as well as some decent "surface" detail.

And  a nice prom, you should see some of my early images 😉

You are much too kind, Sir!  :biggrin:

10 minutes ago, Rusted said:

You are much too kind, Sir!  :biggrin:

My glass always half full when it comes to all things astronomy Chris. I think there is probably a better image in the data than maybe you are ending up with. Are stacking 40% of the frames on all your videos?

P.S your 7" Refractor is a very impressive looking scope!

1 minute ago, Pete Presland said:

My glass always half full when it comes to all things astronomy Chris. I think there is probably a better image in the data than maybe you are ending up with. Are stacking 40% of the frames on all your videos?

I have been wondering myself if some experimentation with the numbers of frames might yield less noise in the sunspot images.  Getting focus absolutely bang on is something that requires a little practice, too.  There's not really much substitute for time at the scope in that regard, and as I got more used to the process I also found it easier to be more ruthless about dropping data I wasn't happy with.  Certainly when I started I found it hard to throw away data that was probably not good enough when I'd spent so much time and effort collecting it.

James

Valuable information gentlemen. :thumbsup:

I am still a relative novice at imaging and even more so at processing.

You may well have saved me from buying that 100TB hard drive. :blush:

Archived