Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lynx eqmod cable

jaygpoo

Hi gang out there. I have brought a S/H eq5 mount and connected to it using a synscan wifi dongle. It worked fine for over 2 weeks. Then with out warning the mount would start moving and the after it had stopped and I asked it to park or move else where it stopped and went no futher. If I use the up down left right commarns on the app it moves but nothimg else works. So having had enough of that I brought a lynx cable from FLO and thought that was the end of my troubles. NO , it connected the first time and then while I was waiting for the dark sky it disconnected and after that refused to connect again. All I get is it can not find it. It is using com port 5 and no matter which usb I use it is still com5 so the cable is working as it shold.. In hard ware device the com port and driver are working. I have the lastest driver. Now here  is the silly bit. If I open eqmod and select com port 5 rather than letting it look for it. Then click ok and open ascom the window opens as it should and I am connected. So why cant if find the mount iis it say all is ok. Why did it disconnect. Its driving me mad.    PS  has anyone had wifi issuse with the synscan app?

I use the synscan app on my AZ GTi and it can be a bit flakey if near other strong WiFi signals, not sure if this is your problem but try moving away from house ?

If it's the same with lynx cable then maybe it's a power issue, how are you powering the mount ?

Archived