M78

Rodd

TOA 130 and STT-8300.  This is some old data that I was never able to process very well.  The shortage of blue and the general noisiness of the data were obstacles I could not overcome.  I wish I had gotten more data--I really like M78 at this scale.  The image is still pretty rough, but much better than previous attempts

17 10 min red

17 10 min green

6 10min Blue

New34d8a.thumb.jpg.df26112f8d47fe6c53252d1c2b2b1784.jpg

7 minutes ago, alan potts said:

Very nice indeed, see I still have a lot to learn Rodd. I feel getting a purpose built camera will help no end.

Alan

Thanks Alan-Don' we all! ?.  A camera will help indeed.  

Rodd

I came up with this idea--I resized this image and blended with my widefield shot (that hadb a lot of data)to quite the noise.  Still trying to decide if it is worth pursuing.

EDIT:  Actually--I cant decide which level of brightness I like--a little bit more or a little bit less.  Seems trivial--but with this image it is critical.  Which one is the stronger image?  On my computer both are quite dark.  On my ipad the second one is much brighter (so is the first-but not as much).

Blend-decon3.thumb.jpg.0abe50a6e8bad1781d1e08ec42093258.jpg

Blend-dec.thumb.jpg.d4ffa98db35f819aae89c271d5a7c6a3.jpg

Not to beat a dead horse, but I made an improvement.  While the image as a whole is a 50-50 blend with the FSQ widefield shot--the cores of the nebula are full TOA cores.  Don't know why I did not think of this before--but they are definitely improved--though it may seem minimal to most.  I have found that the devil is in the details so to speak.

Blend-dec-TOA.thumb.jpg.3235bc001a5161064e05087d03172dd1.jpg

11 hours ago, Rodd said:

Not to beat a dead horse, but I made an improvement.  While the image as a whole is a 50-50 blend with the FSQ widefield shot--the cores of the nebula are full TOA cores.  Don't know why I did not think of this before--but they are definitely improved--though it may seem minimal to most.  I have found that the devil is in the details so to speak.

Blend-dec-TOA.thumb.jpg.3235bc001a5161064e05087d03172dd1.jpg

Love the wider field of view, seems to frame it better from an artistic point of view. 

Archived