SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Guide scope with a RedCat 51

Hey guys! I'm quite new to this.

I have a RedCat 51 and I have been able to pull a couple of good sessions using it with a Canon M50 and I'm about to start running with a ZWO ASI. The thing is, I find it quite hard to point the thing to the right objects when aligning the mount without a finder scope. I do have a very low quality red dot finder from an Orion refractor and a ZWO mini guide scope with an ASI 120MM mini mono, both with a dovetail.

I was wondering it there was anything I could buy to get those on the RedCat's 1/4-20 holes. I'm not even sure what 1/4-20 means, and I guess that's my main problem... I'm not sure what I should be looking for.

If anyone had ideas about this, I would be grateful if you could share :)

PS: I also saw that I could, maybe, get something to do off-axis guiding, but I would prefer the guiding to not have an impact on the main camera (which I believe it has to have, since it has to pull some light off the main in order to support guiding, right?).

Thanks, GlenM. I found some clamps that match those, but might be a though to keep it in place. Maybe i should be looking for an alternative ring for the RedCat 51 that can support a Dovetail on top.

• 7 months later...