Using APT and getting this error

Prolifics

15 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

Opposite Bulb, it says Exp:3. It's set to 3s exposures. Change that one to bulb and all will be sound.

Hi thanks for the help I changed it to bulb and it does the same thing. Heres the screenshot.

Problem still not solved.

image.thumb.png.97c2c6a198fc599e779b218b31655c3e.png

Had this myself just need to set the camera to Bulb then APT has control and you can adjust it from there for shorter or indeed very much longer exposures. The term comes from the days when a flash bulb was used, oddly I remember them.

Alan

15 hours ago, alan potts said:

Had this myself just need to set the camera to Bulb then APT has control and you can adjust it from there for shorter or indeed very much longer exposures. The term comes from the days when a flash bulb was used, oddly I remember them.

Alan

My recollection is that the ‘bulb’ was a rubber ballon that, when compressed in your hand, sent air down a tube and pushed a small piston rod down on to the shutter release, activating the shutter. When you released your grip on the bulb, the shutter closed.

7 hours ago, michaelmorris said:

My recollection is that the ‘bulb’ was a rubber ballon that, when compressed in your hand, sent air down a tube and pushed a small piston rod down on to the shutter release, activating the shutter. When you released your grip on the bulb, the shutter closed.

It may well be Michael, I never read this it was someone told me at school about 50 years ago when I bought my first camera, I have to say your explanation sounds better. I should have goggled it. If that is the case and sound like it maybe it goes back a good long while. My dad actually told me the B as it was on the camera back then stood for Brief.

Archived