Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M3 and M13

alexbb

I decided not to waste the clear skies even if the full moon was up so I spent 3h shooting M3. 1.5h of lum through the IDAS LP filter and 0.5h each RGB, all through the 200p F/6 newtonian.

As for M13, that's another story. I started strong a while ago and shot some red and infrared with the 150PDS then moved to the larger 200p. With this one I shot about 12h of luminance and some 6h of G and B. All combined then on top (or below) I added the data I had from last year, another 20h, shot with the 130PDS, but tracked with the AZ-EQ5. The old data contributed maybe 20% to the final image.

Here they are. Please click on them to go to astrobin and watch them at full resolution. M13 is more worthy.

WqBHSnS1Hlmx_1824x0_O0RVLFHe.jpg

q5x_rPd3F1CY_1824x0_yvgsM8Tb.jpg

Thanks for watching and clear skies!

Alex

very nice pics mate, ive been doing these two as well last few weeks .

Very cool that you got quite a nice view of IC 4617 there as well which I believe is like 500 million light years away.

Really good :)

Archived