Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SkyWatcher EQ6R mount

Newbee  

can anyone help give me steps on correctly getting my mount to work?

live in Fayetteville North Carolina and know I’m in Zone -5

please someone help step by step because I’m getting ready to quit this hobby. Mount slews many pinkies away from alignment Star like Sirus.

6B4BFEF1-E674-4FB2-947B-C124C1663CBF.jpeg

756CACFE-CE71-4E09-8F04-9F71E14CDFA8.jpeg

8E70FBB2-9DEF-4036-B177-426BD7E76635.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Slslinde said:

live in Fayetteville North Carolina and know I’m in Zone -5

If you have input Eastern Daylight Time and set Daylight Saving to "Yes" I believe you should set your time zone to -4.

3 hours ago, lenscap said:

If you have input Eastern Daylight Time and set Daylight Saving to "Yes" I believe you should set your time zone to -4.

Is daylight savings time over

4 hours ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

do you want to run us through your current process, would be easier to point out where your going wrong. you're probably getting most right but just needs a bit of tweaking. 

photo of your setup might help too. 

I am in Fayetteville North Carolina and have a SkyWatcher EQ6R I follow all SynScan Controller prompts. 

1. Place Mount due North per Polar Align Pro App

2. Level mount 

3. Balance Mount

4 set up declination and R.A. degrees  78 degrees -53 west. 35-04 North

5.Input time zone -5 

6. Daylight savings 

7. Attempt to use Sirius the Brightest Star aT 9 pm eastern daily time, but slews south east  four fingers away from Sirius.  Then from there frustration sets in, I I put moon and it goes to the due north and level to the ground.

4 hours ago, Anthonyexmouth said:

do you want to run us through your current process, would be easier to point out where your going wrong. you're probably getting most right but just needs a bit of tweaking. 

photo of your setup might help too. 

I will show pic tomorrow. Also I do not know how to set home position

On 14/04/2019 at 21:39, Slslinde said:

I will show pic tomorrow. Also I do not know how to set home position

The home position is how you have the mount set up in the photos. Generally this is counterweight bar pointing straight down and the RA axis of the mount pointing at the North Celestial Pole. If your mount is correctly polar aligned and counterweight bar downwards as in the photos then you are at the home position.

Archived