NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Rosette and Cone HaRGB

After a real battle here's my HaRGB version of the Rosette and Cone with the Samyang 135mm f2.

1908082758_RosetteandConeHaRGB900.JPG.2034e5f0f5c7748732ac8bf5bf0d193a.JPG

This is 2h22m RGB and 46m Ha, using the modded 1100D and 2 minute unguided subs. No flats (took them but they were overcorrecting so used GradEx to sort out vignetting), no darks.

Was a bit exhausting to get to this point but I learned some new techniques for me, the first time I've really used a star mask properly in Photoshop and only my seconds attempt at blending in Ha to a colour image. Really pleased with how it looks at the posted size but it's certainly no pixel-peeper. I couldn't get the Ha to align perfectly and (manually rotating in PS) and stars towards the corners have red dots to the side of them.

Think I need to step away from it for a while before I see if it needs any tweaks. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I think it's terrific.  Camera lenses are not there for DS pixel peepers (are any images there for that purpose?) and this is working superbly.

If you felt like it you could Dropbox me the images which wouldn't align and I'll run them through Registar and return them.

Olly

Archived