Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSLR wireless Astro software

Alien 13

I have a wi fi enabled DSLR and although I can use EOS utilities on PC or Canon camera connect for full control of everything including live view they are a bit limited with regards taking longer subs etc.

I was wondering if there is any astro software that can offer full camera control over wi fi?

Alan

18 hours ago, michael8554 said:

Hi Alan

Does the Interval Timer in EOS Utilities not work when connected by WiFi ?

Michael

Hi Michael, the bulb timer works but is only a single shot option, the interval timer is always grayed out for some reason.

Alan

I have discovered the problems with EOS utils and my camera:

The interval timer is only available if you have the image download set to camera and PC or PC only but not camera only.

The interval timer does not work in live view mode.

However with the settings changed I can remote focus then switch off liveview and run any number of subs in bulb mode with any exposure length, the downside is that I have to let the camera save to the PC also (thankfully there is an option where the PC only gets the jpeg version and camera SD gets the RAW file).

Its a bit of faff I suppose but it will work OK.

Alan

Archived