NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher 102 F5

Does anyone have any thoughts about this scope at all? I'm looking for something to use as a quick 'grab and go' and have been offered one of these as a OTA with rings, diagonal and finder.

I could either mate it up with my SLIK birding tripod for a really quick set up or on the EQ2 that the Soligor came with.

Any thoughts about the scope optically? Anyone own one of these?

Ta!

Thanks Darren, that's good news. :cheers:

I'm getting the one offered to me now and a nice chap in Basingstoke (who posts on this forum and 3.6 and Beamer in his name) has offered me an EQ2 mount for a decent price, so I'm well happy!

Expect cloudy skies in early December!

Now, if I could just source a cheap motor drive...!

• 2 weeks later...

I had one of these. I thought it was a good scope, but found some basic improvements made it even better. Invest in a decent 2" diagonal and use good eyepieces with it - it will reward you with much improved views, in my experience. a better visual back will improve the grip on the diagonal too (if you can find one second hand, that is), and relubing the focuser is a good project to do too.

Had some great views through mine!

Archived