NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Over before it's begun

Roy

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course there would be no need for the use of expletives or apologies if a little thought and consideration had been used in the first place.

Therein lies your problem Roy, there isn't any consideration. The phrase 'an Englishman's home is his castle' has been taken a little to literally these days. The people two doors down from me have a 'security' light fitted almost below their bedroom windows and it seems they like to bring their bins out from their back garden at around 11.30 at night. They come out, the light goes on and my night adapted eyes are gone and the imaging kit goes on pause while they drag their bins round the front. Why on earth at 11.30? They've got all day to do it!! Luckily it doesn't happen too often but it's annoying when it does :hello2: .....

Tony..

Even if I wasn't into astronomy Dave the thing still illuminates the whole off the interior of my house which is an infringement which ever way you look at it surely.

Absolutely, was just a little jest on my part. My own neighbour used to have one of those patio lights that looks like an old gaslamp, it wasn't a security light or anything, it was just permanently on until 10.30. Must have been on a timer switch. I put up a large hardboard light shield on the top of our adjoining fence to block it out. He asked me what it was for, I told him and the light hasn't been on since.

You know what it is Tony, I've just spent a shed load on new gear and haven't even had a chance to use it yet and I sort of lost it for a minute ........ as you do :p

:hello2:, I know all too well! I have been known to utter a word or two when the light I mentioned earlier comes on.. Obviously there's wider issues here which have been discussed many times before, but I hope you get a chance to give the new kit a good run out soon :D.

Tony..

You may be right Pete, but I think I'll hold off on doing so until I see some results at which time I'd be more than happy to edit my original post and should the person in question happen upon this thread how ever unlikely I'd be only to happy to offer an apology should it be needed.

Hope it won't come to that! I made my point, that's all! :hello2:

I too was a bit incautious (but not as far as swear-words!) regarding my French Mayor, though on rather safer ground seeing as I'm pretty certain he speaks no English whatever. I put up a plaintive post on UKAI in which I described him as an 'ambitious man' and made references to 'dead man's shoes' (this is quite correct, he was deputy and took over when the old mayor died and was later elected in his own right). When I came to meet the guy he was extremely pleasant and cordial, and nothing like I described him, and agreed to my request at once. Hope you get a similar outcome.

Just a quick update,

It's official, diplomacy works.The guy over the back of me has just been around to say that he has adjusted his light and that if I think it needs more adjustment then I'm to let him know.He also stated that the light would only be on between 5 and 7.30pm. :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

ps ...... as I can't edit my original post ,if admin could remove the expletive as a sign of my respect for the guy for being so understanding I would be grateful, thanks.

Just a quick update,

It's official, diplomacy works.The guy over the back of me has just been around to say that he has adjusted his light and that if I think it needs more adjustment then I'm to let him know.He also stated that the light would only be on between 5 and 7.30pm. :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

ps ...... as I can't edit my original post ,if admin could remove the expletive as a sign of my respect for the guy for being so understanding I would be grateful, thanks.

Gaz. has removed your bad spelling Roy. :laughing2:

Archived