Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CPC800 Edge - Video Overview.

Hi Guys, Whilst I've still got the chance! I've put together an overview of my Celestron CPC800 Edge HD. I bought it from FLO less than a year ago, and despite needing to be sent back and adjusted initially, I've been really impressed with it. Especially the optics and rock solid mount. 

You almost seemed to be talking yourself into keeping it at one point :) 

Nice scope. I was going to sell my 10” Meade as I didn’t get along with it for a good while after getting up but glad I didn’t. As you say a nice large aperture and long FL in something remarkably compact. 

24 minutes ago, dannybgoode said:

You almost seemed to be talking yourself into keeping it at one point :) 

Nice scope. I was going to sell my 10” Meade as I didn’t get along with it for a good while after getting up but glad I didn’t. As you say a nice large aperture and long FL in something remarkably compact. 

lol ah mate,  I'm nearly talking myself into keeping it on a daily basis, danny.

As you can tell I think the scope is absolutely great! Having said that, I can't really make very good use of it when stored on the first floor of my house. The few times I've carried it all down stairs and setup I can only see about a third of the objects I try and slew to with my very obstructed small garden, and it takes a while to cool.

I finally get clearance to move to a house with a larger un obstructed garden so I can build that much needed obsy for it, but then the cost of moving looms! Yup, a lot of my things are going to go to pay for estate agents, solicitors, stamp duty, removal vans etc etc. 

It will all be worth it in the end when I have an obsy back with a very large SCT already close to cooled ? 

Archived