Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A heavenly intervetion

EA2007

Hey kids,

After all the talk on previous posts of 'how can I turn off my streetlight' and stories of sucess by contacting the local councils...........well someone up above must be on my side because:

*the streetlight outside my house has magically switched itself off!*

How good is that! No need for lasers, air rifles or letters to the council. Don't know how long it will last but if the clouds disperse then wahoo!!

As long as the guy living opposite doesnt complain to the council then it should be off for a while (Hambleton Distric Council isn't renowned for speedy work!). Great stuff...now where's my scope :hello2:

Don't get me started on that topic, I could win a gold medal probably....its astonishing how much light we waste and we don't even need most of it.

I know this isn't the same area, but we have a dvd recorder and t.v. and on the front of the dvd-recorder is a super-bright blue light telling us that the recorder is in HDD mode and not DVD, the other way around is an orange light.....why, why do they have to be on!? Its not even dark in the front room, and when it is you dont want a whacking great light spoiling your view of the tv!! Stupid! Its like the lights on the fridge and freezers aswell, you know its on because its cold inside!! Grrr!

We don't have any lights so the criminals come in the daytime rather than get lost in the dark or worse - tread in something nasty.

You need to be careful though. If a crook hurt themself because you didn't have any lighting, they'd probably be able to sue you for damages! :hello2:

UPDATE*

Some good and bad news here.......start with the bad news:

BAD NEWS: Streetlight nearest the house is back on!

GOOD NEWS: The streetlight further up the road has gone off, these two lights are the only ones imposing on our garden, so with one of them off its a bonus atleast...but the nearest one is the worst. Ah well, maybe both will go off soon!

p.s. sorry for the capitals, no doubt some ppl will think I am shouting, I aren't, just being illustrative with my writing thats all!

Archived