phd settings with an off axis guider

iwols

hi going to fit an off axis guider to my scope instead of using my guide scope,my guide scope was 400mm and a qhy5 camera,my main scope where the oag is going is 580mm ,i presume i have to alter the settings in phd2 but what settings do i use/have to alter thanks

2 minutes ago, iwols said:

sidereal speed when doing the recalculation for my heq5 pro mount cheers

Hi. Unless you changed it, the same speed as you used for your stand alone guider. In any case, make it at least 0.5x sidereal.

HTH

4 minutes ago, iwols said:

and what do i put in for the sidereal speed when doing the recalculation for my heq5 pro mount cheers

What sort of calculations are you doing?

Sidereal is always ~15"/s, but also depends on declination for some calculations and is multiplied by cos(declination_angle).

3 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

What sort of calculations are you doing?

Sidereal is always ~15"/s, but also depends on declination for some calculations and is multiplied by cos(declination_angle).

this one

Untitled.thumb.jpg.a7cdd315de4e23932b8d549096107603.jpg

2 minutes ago, Thalestris24 said:

You click on 'calculate' to get the new step size from the longer focal length you'll have. You'll likely want to redo your calibration so uncheck the Auto restore box.

Louise

thanks but i need to put the correct  sidereal rate in before i click calculate,cheers

Yes, sidereal part should be automatically populated from guide speed from your mount driver. If it's not you should replicate your mount setting - if you are guiding at x0.5 - that is the number you should enter there. It's got nothing to do with focal length used for guiding (the number it self - together they are used for PHD2 to calculate good calibration step size).

Archived