Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Webcams

OK....

Then the top dogs in the field are (cheapest first)

Phillips Toucam pro 2 (second hand only)

Phillips SPC 9000

DMKs 21,31 or 41

and Luminara Lu75 or Skynx2.

There are others of coarse but these are generally the best

examples in their classes.

Ed

I've got the SPC900 as well and it's a very nice Webcam, will do great with the moon and planets.

Get it modded and then it's good for LX imaging, I had some nice results with it. But a modded webcam uses a parrellel port on the back of the laptop. You can get Parrellel to USB convertors but then you have to use paid for versions of software...

The DMK is a big step up from the webcam, I also have one of these and the results are fantastic. Only had a slight dabble on the planets - but the moon was AMAZING. I have the DMK21 which is USB2, Firewire versions are also available.

My DMK is a mono chip, but I beleive that colour versions are available. The cam comes with it's own software which will allow exposures from 1/6000 (I think) to 60 minutes. (no parrellel lead).

The Luminara is again a step up I beleive. There are some stunning results with these.

But as always the higher the spec the more they cost.

HTH

Ant

• 2 weeks later...

Archived