NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

15.2.19 Rapidly changing eastern prom

Rusted

The eastern prom from yesterday's thread is changing in real time before my eyes!

The surface feature 'patch' in WL is moving further onto the disk.

Update: Dark line Filament on the disk near constantly changing prom. :biggrin:

This really is watching live changes!  :thumbsup:

The prom went from a straight pole with a bonfire upwind and smoke blowing downwind.

To a leaning, narrow twister, which changed to untidy, then knotted, then branched and is finally dispersing.

All in a couple of hours. What am I going to watch this afternoon? :crybaby2:

I really missed my binoviewers. Not only much easier to see through the detail but the dreaded floaters are kept at bay!

4 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

No more need to convince you of the value of solar observation!  ?

Don't you listen to Him! ?

You'll end up poor and with your every sunny day spoken for!  :blush:

Nothing good is cheap these days!    ☹️

There is quite a row of largish faint proms in the currently active limb section. Unfortunately the aviation industry is doing their best to blot out the Sun with contrails, always at least a dozen at any one time.   :cussing:

3 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

Unfortunately the aviation industry is doing their best to blot out the Sun with contrails,

As per Peter a nice row of proms and seeing is a lot better than yesterday here and not a contrail to be seen :grin:

Dave

I have been watching this prom all morning. Really amazing changes in morphology. The nearby faculae seems to be darkening. To my eyes at least. Given the 4 prom groups on the East limb and the one on the West limb, my first solar session of 2019 has been very rewarding.

29 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

Nothing good is cheap these days!    ☹️

There is quite a row of largish faint proms in the currently active limb section. Unfortunately the aviation industry is doing their best to blot out the Sun with contrails, always at least a dozen at any one time.   :cussing:

When I were a lad.... and still had change from half-a-crown. :biggrin:

44 minutes ago, laudropb said:

I have been watching this prom all morning. Really amazing changes in morphology. The nearby faculae seems to be darkening. To my eyes at least. Given the 4 prom groups on the East limb and the one on the West limb, my first solar session of 2019 has been very rewarding.

Well spotted! Growing like weeds, they are! My earlier seeing has gone. I'll try again later.

Archived