Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher 72 ED - Have the kinks been ironed out?

Hi everyone

I am in the process of having a bit of a change around in regards to scopes (due to space in the obsy and not wanting to constantly change scopes).
Having just purchased a Meade LX10 OTA that had been de-forked and I have converted it for use with an EQ Mount (HEQ5) I am now looking for something to run along side it (or on top I should say).
I have had my eye on the skywatcher 72 ED but there seems to have been issues with the corrector / FR, have these now been ironed out and can anyone give me any futher information regarding it?

At this present stage I will be using it with a DSLR attached so any advise would be great.

Any advise and input would be great

Thanks in advance

Mark

Mark,

may be worth having a look at this thread if you haven't already, 

Myself, I'am very pleased with my purchase of the SW 72ED it's a cracking scope (IMHO).

I have very slight curvature when using the 72ED with a OVL FF and Canon 450D (modded) but I'm sure I can remove it with a spacer or two.

I did have a bit of tilt but that was my fault not squaring things up.

Just waiting for our weather to give me a reasonable break in the clouds to carry on testing spacer distance with my setup.

Tim

Archived