Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M108 at 2800mm fl

Star101

I have been a quick imager, so to speak. Maybe 20 subs on that DSO, 30 subs on another DSO and process to death to get the most out of what data I have.

This time, I took my time, only my camera started to have problems with temperature control. Not sure if its drivers/power etc. Will investigate now this is out the way.

Anyway, about 11 hours worth of data under poor hazy skies. 

C11 at 2800mm, ZWO ASI183MM Pro. Astrodon filters. Mesu mount.

157 x 120s L

50 x 120s RGB

Pixinsight....I'm slowly improving with this ..a few more years maybe ;)

Thanks for looking

Dave.

M108 Final.jpg

Thank you Demonperformer. 

I took a image of M108 with the C11 and focal reducer.(1760mm). Saw the detail and wanted to see if I can get more, so removed the focal reducer (2800mm) and spent several nights on this target. 

Apart from camera temp problems, it's been a interesting target to image and process. 

43 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Lovely. With the right amount of tlc (processing), this could become a masterpiece.

Thanks Wim,

I will go back to this some cloudy night.

Processing the Lum (about 250 subs in total but some have clouds) takes a long time, even with my i7 16Gb 1Tb SSD machine. 

Stacking many large subs can be a pain. But once you have the master images (L, R, G, B), it should be smooth sailing. Put most of your effort in sharpening the lum. Process the rgb data for colour. Then lrgb combine.

Good luck, and have fun.

On 12/02/2019 at 16:54, DaveS said:

Crickey! I've just put your 'scope and camera into Astronomy tools. 0.18 " / pixel :eek:.

On 14/02/2019 at 20:02, Star101 said:

And look at the detail  :)

Hey, it’s all riding on a Mesu, go for it!?

Archived