Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Any astronomy clubs west of London?

I enquired with what appeared to be a conveniently located club for me, WOLAS (West of London Astronomical Society) but have had no response to my enquiry for a week, so I'm not sure if it's still going or not.

Does anyone know of any good astronomy clubs that are suitable for beginners located west of London?

Not sure what your definition of West of London is Taz, but my group is based in Walton-on-Thames, you are welcome to join us. Very informal, we meet in a pub and try to observe on a village green when it is clear. Meeting this Thursday if you can make it.

www.waltonastrogroup.co.uk

Stu

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 14:12, Taz777 said:

Does anyone know of any good astronomy clubs that are suitable for beginners located west of London?

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 15:42, Stu said:

Not sure what your definition of West of London is …..

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 17:02, Taz777 said:

Let’s say a 6 mile radius of Heathrow would be okay.

Glad you narrowed it down a bit. I was going to say there are a boatload of them across the big pond, which is, as you asked, west of London. If ever in the States, PM me and I'll treat you to ours.

Archived