Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to view FITS files

As a first-pass check of subs I've been using FITS Liberator (FL) to view individual files but find the quality of the image obtained to be very poor, making any quality judgements difficult.  I use various FL tools to 'release' the image but the quality remains poor and very grainy.  

I wonder if (a) I missing something or doing something wrong or (b) there's a better way, without spending a fortune?

Thanks, Graham      

OK but I had the impression that Fits Liberator is a good tool for a first pass review of subs before processing - I'm finding that the poor quality I get with FL does not make this possible and wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if there's other low cost / free software that could help? Don't really want to end up with a whole new processing package if I can avoid it.

Graham

12 hours ago, oldannie said:

I couldn't get on with Fits Liberator and someone on this forum recommended Avis Fits Viewer - free, very easy to use and so far can't fault it.

Annie

Ah thanks Annie, that sounds more like it, will  give it a try.

Graham

Archived