Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 2244 & M42 + Sh2-279

rodrigol

Finally the skies cleared up for a decent while with no interfering moon last Monday. But it was cold and a bit windy! Powering everything up in the obsy I found my GPS (SkySync) was not working. Probably the internal battery ran flat again. I set the time and location manually on my CGEM-DX and off I went hunting for DSO's. I used my trusty Altair SWED80 with APO filter, ASI1600MC with an Opteron LP Filter and Sharpcap Pro. For each object below I took 20x lights+10x dark (for a master)+10x bias. I used PI for processing and a little PS.

NGC 2244

NGC 2244

M42 & Sh2-279 - Running Man

33055799998_8c7812dc3a_o.thumb.jpg.439197270298de2cb8ecfc093af07161.jpg

I would appreciate any comments ?

A lovely capture of the Rosette,very nice colour balance.

The Orion Nebulae,very popular.If i was to criticise,the core is a little burnt out,and the colour maybe needs a tweak in saturation.

However well done on both images.

Mick.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, thank you for your comments. I have to admit I've been working on Rosette with a D7200 and didn't quite manage to get an image I'd post here. But with the ASI this was a very pleasant experience. M42, on the other hand, is quite the opposite. "Easy" with the Nikon, but hard with the ASI. Perhaps the UHC filter is playing up with M42? 

Archived