Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Replacement Telescope Case

The zip has now fully broken on my soft case that holds/carries my ED70. I'm now looking to replace the case with either a flight style, or soft padded case. Do you know the best place to source this?. I have tried Ebay, but that seems to be useless.

Any help, ideas or direction pointing would be great.. thanks Rob

Another option is perhaps to repair the zip.

People who do clothing alterations know where to buy all sorts of zips and have the skills to replace them.

Motorbike gear, dive suits and ski clothing have chunky zips. If you look for someone local who is into that sort of work.

I had a set of bike leathers cleaned a few years back. All done by mail order. They did leather repairs and zip replacements at that time. 

https://www.scrubbersleathers.co.uk/

Hope this helps, David.

I'll be watching this topic with interest as I need ideas for a soft case for my AA 66ED-R. I don't like using the flight case, and I also can't seem to find anything on ebay (which doesn't necessarily mean its not there, it just means I can't find anything ?

If you haven’t decided,and you chose a flight case, choose one that has pick n’ pluck foam, makes for easier fitting.

I’m not a fan of padded cases for such delicate instruments, a knock can still damage the tubes or lock knobs , or worse, knock the scope out of collimation.

I have two Tele-Vue scopes that came in padded bags, now to be replaced with Pelican cases, much stronger and safer.

Archived