Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pacman interior

drjolo

I captured data to this image in October last year, seeing was decent, but transparency not so well. Despite over 8 hours of narrowband subframes the outcome was a little bit disappointing for me. But after three months I got back to this data and eventually processed it. I wanted to have some contrasty nebula interior with well defined Bok globules, but it turned out to some dim and elusive nebulosity instead :) 

14,15.10.2018, Meade ACF 10", AP CCDT67, EQ6, QHY163M, exposure: HO 150:100 x2 minutes, RGB 50:30:40 x30 seconds, seeing good, transparency average.

N281HORGBcrop.jpg

Thanks for watching!

1 hour ago, drjolo said:

contrasty nebula interior with well defined Bok globules

Hi. Great shot.

Maybe try deconvolution? The StarTools algorithm is particularly good since you an apply -and unapply- it anywhere in the workflow.

HTH

Thanks! I tried deconvolution in Pixinsight, but it did not made significant improvement till the moment the image start to become noisy. Overall SNR is probably too low and I would need more subframes (like twice as much) to achieve better result.

Archived