Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher AZ-GTi has stopped working

DangerousDave

7 hours ago, festoon said:

Is the AZ clutch knob screw closed? The screw on the bottom right in this picture. Otherwise if bought new you can send back under warranty

image.png.316c63b59bbc873031de1dadcf7b5ca1.png

Yes bought new from FLO, I have had it five days and yes the clutch knob is tight and both motors run but only the vertical axis moves.

Be sure to check if the bolt that holds the mount isn't loose to, i found that if you manually rotate the mount counter clockwise is comes loose (even if you have lossend the clutch), so always rotate clockwise if you do a manual adjustment.

If that is not the case there must be a problem with it and you will need to return it.

Good luck.

2 hours ago, Miguel1983 said:

Be sure to check if the bolt that holds the mount isn't loose to, i found that if you manually rotate the mount counter clockwise is comes loose (even if you have lossend the clutch), so always rotate clockwise if you do a manual adjustment.

If that is not the case there must be a problem with it and you will need to return it.

Good luck.

+1 to that - I've been caught out by it too. Its the least satisfactory part of the mount, imo. 

Ady

Archived